In June 2021, the WordPress Portmouth Meetp conducted a Midsummer Clinic. We attempted to answer questions and problems raised by members of the community. Some were answered there and then. Others took a little longer. BTW: I’ve anonymised the questions and answers.
In January 2021, the WordPress Portmouth Meetp conducted an online Clinic. We attempted to answer questions and problems raised by members of the community. Some were answered there and then. Others took a little longer.
The WordPress Portsmouth Meetup in March 2018 took the form of a clinic where people briefly described their immediate problems then we teamed up to help solve them.
In case there were no problems I prepared 4 problems associated with our Meetup group’s websites.
Suffice it to say
- We didn’t need them.
- I have been working on them.
Here’s a sanitised list of some of the topics that were raised.
- Migration from WordPress eCommerce to WooCommerce:
- How to map taxonomies?
- Should customer lists and orders be migrated?
- Any recommendations for an RSS aggregator?
- Do we have to read all 50 pages every time there’s some GDPR news?
- Avada theme issues:
- Why do image file sizes increase?
- Is it true that related posts ignores the post’s category?
- How do I integrate a booking form?
- Live editing with Fusion builder:
- How do I clone a page?
- What happens if I save a live page as draft?
- How should I name my image files?
- Is there an SEO friendly way to format addresses and phone numbers
- What’s the difference between a widget in a side bar and a widget in content?
- What’s the best way of saying “We’re on holiday”?
- What parts of the database needs to be encrypted for GDPR? Can it be done?
- Who can help me with my Two Factor Authentication project.
- Where do I learn about WP-CLI?
- Do I still need a domain mapping plugin for WordPress MultiSite. Is Mercator much better than my current plugin?
- How do I get in the building when I arrive late?
I’d love to hear from everyone whether or not they found solutions to their problems.