Join the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup on 19th October 2022 to discuss local development environments.
- Do you run local and/or staging copies of your live sites?
- Do you regularly backup your live sites and restore them to other environments?
- Do you develop enhancements to your sites in these environments?
- Do you maintain the production environment and development environment and keep the content reconciled?
If the answers to any of these questions are Yes, then you’re invited to share your methods at the Online WordPress Portsmouth Meetup.
- What’s your setup?
- What do you use it for?
- What tools do you use?
- How do you do these tasks;
- Why would you recommend your solution to others?
- What are the pros and cons?
- Anything else?
You don’t have to answer all of the above, but if you’re prepared to give a lightning talk ( 5-15 mins ) then please let us know in advance.
The event starts at 7pm BST (6pm UTC). We will be providing a Zoom link for you to connect to the online Meetup.
To get the link, please register to attend this #OnlineWPMeetup.
|7.00pm||Connect to Zoom. Bring your own drink and chat|
|7.10pm||Organisers’ introduction to the online meeting|
|7.15pm||Local development environments|
To find the times in your location, websites like WorldTimeBuddy.com can help. Put in the timezone you want to convert (7pm BST in this case), and enter your location timezone to view your local time.
Note: The PowerPoint / PDF is full of links. Many of these are repeated in my ( Herb Miller ) summary of my local development environment
Some links from the Chat
- Some of the new things the WordPress Design team is working on
- Background to the new design on WordPress.org
- Dev Notes for WordPress 6.1
- One of Delicious Brain’s blog posts: https://deliciousbrains.com/wordpress-local-development-environment
- Blog post by the Elementor team: https://elementor.com/blog/wordpress-development-environment/#:~:text=A%20local%20WordPress%20development%20environment%20allows%20you%20to%20set%20up,like%20any%20other%20WordPress%20site.