Come to the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup on 16th October 2019 where Lesley Hussell, of Editing Edge, will be leading an interactive workshop style session on copywriting.
A practical guide for anyone who wants to produce fantastic content for websites, brochures, reports, blogs and social media posts.
The event starts at 7pm. There will be a social to carry on discussions and network after the meeting for any attendees who wish to go to it.
The workshop will follow a workbook which you can download from the Editing Edge website.
Lesley hopes to cover the following sections:
- Core exercises
- Section 1. Who is your target audience? What do they need or want?
- Section 3. How to write compelling material
- Section 4. 5 tips for effective copy
- Section 5. Practical steps to take ( if we have time)
- Focus Areas
- Focus Area 1. Five ways to improve your Home Page in 5 minutes
🏕️ WHO CAN ATTEND?
Our attendees come from Hampshire and West Sussex. The venue has free parking. All levels of experience of WordPress and website publishing welcome. We are a learning and development group. We welcome WordPress beginners.
Spaces are limited. Please sign-up if you really do intend to attend the MeetUp. If you are new to the group, please can you complete your MeetUp profile to help us plan topics.
|19:00||Meet and greet – networking|
|19:30||Content is King – interactive copywriting workshop with Lesley Hussell @editingedge|
|21:00||Social at Sovereigns|
Catch up with the WordPress community in Hampshire and West Sussex and enjoy refreshments. Please let us know when you book if you have any special dietary restrictions. This information will only be used to help arrange refreshments.
🤔 OTHER INFORMATION
- The event venue is a University of Portsmouth building and is accessible for wheelchair users.
- Find us on Twitter @wppompey or connect with us on your web related topic ideas using #wppompey
- If you would like to help organise the WordPress Portsmouth MeetUp, offer a talk or sponsor an event, let us know in the #meetup-portsmouth Slack channel for the UK WordPress community.
Thanks to Non Stop Business Support, Bobbing Wide, and Drew Westcott for their in-kind sponsorship of this WordPress MeetUp.