Slides from the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup’s “Practical Security Workshop”; getting around to it!
Continue reading “Practical Security Workshop slides”
Please find below the introductory / agenda slides to the WordPress Portsmouth Meetups from April to September 2018.
Continue reading “WordPress Portsmouth Meetup agenda slides April to September 2018”
The WordPress Portsmouth Meetup in March 2018 took the form of a clinic where people briefly described their immediate problems then we teamed up to help solve them.
In case there were no problems I prepared 4 problems associated with our Meetup group’s websites.
Suffice it to say
- We didn’t need them.
- I have been working on them.
Here’s a sanitised list of some of the topics that were raised.
- Migration from WordPress eCommerce to WooCommerce:
- How to map taxonomies?
- Should customer lists and orders be migrated?
- Any recommendations for an RSS aggregator?
- Do we have to read all 50 pages every time there’s some GDPR news?
- Avada theme issues:
- Why do image file sizes increase?
- Is it true that related posts ignores the post’s category?
- How do I integrate a booking form?
- Live editing with Fusion builder:
- How do I clone a page?
- What happens if I save a live page as draft?
- How should I name my image files?
- Is there an SEO friendly way to format addresses and phone numbers
- What’s the difference between a widget in a side bar and a widget in content?
- What’s the best way of saying “We’re on holiday”?
- What parts of the database needs to be encrypted for GDPR? Can it be done?
- Who can help me with my Two Factor Authentication project.
- Where do I learn about WP-CLI?
- Do I still need a domain mapping plugin for WordPress MultiSite. Is Mercator much better than my current plugin?
- How do I get in the building when I arrive late?
I’d love to hear from everyone whether or not they found solutions to their problems.
Here’s a brief report following the Portsmouth WordPress Meetup on 22nd February 2018. Continue reading “Report from WordUp Pompey! 22nd Feb 2018”
Here’s a brief report following our reboot meetup on the 18th January. Continue reading “Report from WordUp Pompey! 18th Jan 2018”
After a 2 month break ( June and July ) WordUp Pompey! reconvened at the end of August for a look at the Top-10-Wordpress-plugins.
It was a fairly interactive session, led by Herb Miller of Bobbing Wide and oik-plugins. Continue reading “WordUp Pompey! August 2012 – a brief summary”
Herb Miller gave a brief presentation on his experiments with creating a responsive web design based upon an Artisteer generated theme. Continue reading “Report from WordUp Pompey – Feb 2012 – Part 2”
WordUp Pompey for February was kindly hosted by Penny and John Plimmer, Japcis Photographic, at their studios in Horndean. Herb Miller of Bobbing Wide presented on two topics: Shortcodes and Responsive web design. There was lovely discussion on other topcs: including company logos, which way should slideshows slide, mobile apps and more Continue reading “Report on WordUp Pompey – Feb 2012”
WordUp Pompey! slideshows, 21st December 2011, not including Roger Marsh’s slideshow on browsers, HTML and CSS, which was a lead in to an interactive demonstration of “hacking the BBC website using Firebug”
Continue reading “WordUp Pompey! Dec 2011 – slideshows on slideshare”