Thanks to everyone who attended last night’s hands on problem solving clinic;
- to those who were brave enough to air their problems
- and those who attempted to help solve them
We had a range of problems to solve. Some of them a lot harder than others.
Here’s a summary of the problems that I know were discussed. I understand that a few were at least partially resolved.
Continue reading “Follow up to – Hands on problem solving clinic – 15 Jan 2020”
Starting from January 2019 the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup, aka WordUp Pompey! is changing from the 4th Thursday of the month to the 3rd Wednesday.
In 2019 we’ll finalise the meetups month by month.
This website wp-pompey.org.uk will have the draft agendas and topics for forthcoming months.
We’ll try to confirm the agenda before it appears in your WordPress dashboard.
We have a couple of new speakers lined up for our meetups in the first quarter.
Watch this space.
At the December meetup there were a number of topics suggested for Lean Coffee discussions and a number of members volunteered to give Lightning talks. This table is a summary taken from the flip chart. We plan to address these during our 2019 meetups.
Continue reading “Lean coffee and lightning talk proposals”
Slides from the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup’s “Practical Security Workshop”; getting around to it!
Continue reading “Practical Security Workshop slides”
Please find below the introductory / agenda slides to the WordPress Portsmouth Meetups from April to September 2018.
Continue reading “WordPress Portsmouth Meetup agenda slides April to September 2018”
The WordPress Portsmouth Meetup in March 2018 took the form of a clinic where people briefly described their immediate problems then we teamed up to help solve them.
In case there were no problems I prepared 4 problems associated with our Meetup group’s websites.
Suffice it to say
- We didn’t need them.
- I have been working on them.
Here’s a sanitised list of some of the topics that were raised.
- Migration from WordPress eCommerce to WooCommerce:
- How to map taxonomies?
- Should customer lists and orders be migrated?
- Any recommendations for an RSS aggregator?
- Do we have to read all 50 pages every time there’s some GDPR news?
- Avada theme issues:
- Why do image file sizes increase?
- Is it true that related posts ignores the post’s category?
- How do I integrate a booking form?
- Live editing with Fusion builder:
- How do I clone a page?
- What happens if I save a live page as draft?
- How should I name my image files?
- Is there an SEO friendly way to format addresses and phone numbers
- What’s the difference between a widget in a side bar and a widget in content?
- What’s the best way of saying “We’re on holiday”?
- What parts of the database needs to be encrypted for GDPR? Can it be done?
- Who can help me with my Two Factor Authentication project.
- Where do I learn about WP-CLI?
- Do I still need a domain mapping plugin for WordPress MultiSite. Is Mercator much better than my current plugin?
- How do I get in the building when I arrive late?
I’d love to hear from everyone whether or not they found solutions to their problems.
Here’s a brief report following the Portsmouth WordPress Meetup on 22nd February 2018. Continue reading “Report from WordUp Pompey! 22nd Feb 2018”
Here’s a brief report following our reboot meetup on the 18th January. Continue reading “Report from WordUp Pompey! 18th Jan 2018”
After a 2 month break ( June and July ) WordUp Pompey! reconvened at the end of August for a look at the Top-10-Wordpress-plugins.
It was a fairly interactive session, led by Herb Miller of Bobbing Wide and oik-plugins. Continue reading “WordUp Pompey! August 2012 – a brief summary”
In Edinburgh, on the 14th and 15th of July 2012 there will be
An informal gathering of WordPress publishers, designers and developers based in the United Kingdom
at WordCamp UK 2012. Continue reading “WordCamp Edinburgh – Lanyrd and Twitter”