Why and how to do a website health check with Jenny Wong.Continue reading “WordPress Portsmouth Meetup – 20 Mar 2019 – Website Health Check”
Come to the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup on 20th February 2019 to listen to a series of Lightning Talks. Hear from local WordPress experts, developers and users on a variety of topics.Continue reading “WordPress Portsmouth Meetup – 20 Feb 2019 – Lightning Talks”
Yoast SEO Workshop
Come to the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup on the third Wednesday in January for our Yoast SEO Workshop.
Find out from the SEO experts at Yoast how to get your cat’s 7,000 word post about lasagna and other pastas to be number one in Google for both mobile and desktop searches.
Something like that.
Yoast describes its mission as
“SEO for Everyone. We want to give everyone the opportunity to rank in the search engines.”
Organisers Herb Miller and Drew Westcott will introduce the session starting with an airing of Yoast’s recent webinar. This will be followed by a workshop and a chance to share questions.
|19:00||Meet and Greet|
|19:15||Yoast SEO Webinar|
|20:50||Wrap up – incl. more 2019 plans|
|21:00||Social at Sovereigns|
WordPress Portsmouth Meetup 16 Jan 2019 v0.0.1WordPress Portsmouth Meetup 16 Jan 2019 v0.0.1
See our code of conduct for how to behave during the workshop.
Slides from the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup’s “Practical Security Workshop”; getting around to it!
Continue reading “Practical Security Workshop slides”
Please find below the introductory / agenda slides to the WordPress Portsmouth Meetups from April to September 2018.
Continue reading “WordPress Portsmouth Meetup agenda slides April to September 2018”
The WordPress Portsmouth Meetup in March 2018 took the form of a clinic where people briefly described their immediate problems then we teamed up to help solve them.
In case there were no problems I prepared 4 problems associated with our Meetup group’s websites.
Suffice it to say
- We didn’t need them.
- I have been working on them.
Here’s a sanitised list of some of the topics that were raised.
- Migration from WordPress eCommerce to WooCommerce:
- How to map taxonomies?
- Should customer lists and orders be migrated?
- Any recommendations for an RSS aggregator?
- Do we have to read all 50 pages every time there’s some GDPR news?
- Avada theme issues:
- Why do image file sizes increase?
- Is it true that related posts ignores the post’s category?
- How do I integrate a booking form?
- Live editing with Fusion builder:
- How do I clone a page?
- What happens if I save a live page as draft?
- How should I name my image files?
- Is there an SEO friendly way to format addresses and phone numbers
- What’s the difference between a widget in a side bar and a widget in content?
- What’s the best way of saying “We’re on holiday”?
- What parts of the database needs to be encrypted for GDPR? Can it be done?
- Who can help me with my Two Factor Authentication project.
- Where do I learn about WP-CLI?
- Do I still need a domain mapping plugin for WordPress MultiSite. Is Mercator much better than my current plugin?
- How do I get in the building when I arrive late?
I’d love to hear from everyone whether or not they found solutions to their problems.
34SP, based in Manchester, have been hosting UK businesses of all shapes and sizes since 2000.
They offer fast, secure and reliable hosting with great service.
34SP provide cash to purchase pizza and refreshments. Continue reading “34SP”
Here’s a brief report following the Portsmouth WordPress Meetup on 22nd February 2018. Continue reading “Report from WordUp Pompey! 22nd Feb 2018”
Here’s a brief report following our reboot meetup on the 18th January. Continue reading “Report from WordUp Pompey! 18th Jan 2018”
Lean coffee and lightning talks… festive theme optional.
Continue reading “WordUp Pompey! – 20th Dec 2018”