The WordPress Portsmouth Meetup in March 2018 took the form of a clinic where people briefly described their immediate problems then we teamed up to help solve them.
In case there were no problems I prepared 4 problems associated with our Meetup group’s websites.
Suffice it to say
- We didn’t need them.
- I have been working on them.
Here’s a sanitised list of some of the topics that were raised.
- Migration from WordPress eCommerce to WooCommerce:
- How to map taxonomies?
- Should customer lists and orders be migrated?
- Any recommendations for an RSS aggregator?
- Do we have to read all 50 pages every time there’s some GDPR news?
- Avada theme issues:
- Why do image file sizes increase?
- Is it true that related posts ignores the post’s category?
- How do I integrate a booking form?
- Live editing with Fusion builder:
- How do I clone a page?
- What happens if I save a live page as draft?
- How should I name my image files?
- Is there an SEO friendly way to format addresses and phone numbers
- What’s the difference between a widget in a side bar and a widget in content?
- What’s the best way of saying “We’re on holiday”?
- What parts of the database needs to be encrypted for GDPR? Can it be done?
- Who can help me with my Two Factor Authentication project.
- Where do I learn about WP-CLI?
- Do I still need a domain mapping plugin for WordPress MultiSite. Is Mercator much better than my current plugin?
- How do I get in the building when I arrive late?
I’d love to hear from everyone whether or not they found solutions to their problems.