Here’s a brief report following the Portsmouth WordPress Meetup on 22nd February 2018.
|19:30||Security – Dave Potter|
|20:00||Gutenberg – Herb Miller|
|20:30||Clinic – air your problems|
|21:00||Social at Sovereigns|
Security – With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Dave’s original slides are no longer available. I found these, very similar slides, in November 2018.
In today’s WordPress world we have the power to build great websites in a matter of minutes. With this power comes the responsibility to look after the data that flows through our websites. We often subcontract the management of our data to multiple organisations which in turn hold our data in multiple locations. This means our data is exposed to events that may impact any one of those organisations and/or locations. This talk discusses the steps we can and should take to be responsible custodians of our customer and user data.
Gutenberg – the new block editor – Herb Miller
Printing’s come a long way since it was pioneered in the 15th century. The new block editor still has a long way to go.
- WordUp Brighton on 26th Feb is all about getting the best out of images
- WordCamp London is in April – buy your tickets now! Only £40. https://2018.london.wordcamp.org
- WordCamp Belfast is in May https://2018.belfast.wordcamp.org
- Drew Westcott has been successfully inducted into running WordPress Meetups
- So oik-plugins no longer need to sponsor the Meetup account
- We’re looking for a ‘pizza’ sponsor
- Thanks again to redIT for sponsoring the venue
- Next month will be a clinic – bring your laptops
- Herb raised an issue over the Gutenberg White Screen of Death
- See wordpress/gutenberg#5216